Green Thumb Theatre is seeking a Production Manager.
This is a full time salaried position.
Green Thumb Theatre produces 3-6 school tours plus 1-2 mainstage productions per season. Producing mainly original scripts we develop work for elementary and high school performances, touring across BC, at least one tour per season also tours across
We are seeking an individual with experience in production management/technical direction for a full time position. Working schedule in the off season is flexible and the position may be seasonal full-time if suitable for the right candidate. Hours during the season are somewhat flexible, again to meet the needs of a suitable candidate.
- Post secondary training in theatre production
- Working experience in technical theatre for a professional company
- Knowledge of the CTA
- Experience as a Technical Director and/or Production Manager in a professional company a definite asset
- Experience in touring a definite asset
Reporting to both the General Manager & Artistic Director, the Production Manager is a key player in season planning and works closely with the AD in planning all creative aspects of our production.
- Contracting of all production personnel &/or contracts
- including, design, scenic construction, properties, costumes and stage
- Production planning & scheduling for all productions
- Coordination and operation if required for all production
- elements for events, showcase presentations etc.
- Supervision of construction of all productions
In conjunction with the Company Manager, organization of
tour logistics including but not limited to:
- Van pack, technical riders and coordination with venues, ATA carnet, freight & transportation planning.
- Budgeting & expenses management for all production related costs, including capital equipment
- Upkeep & maintenance of all production equipment including ensuring all vehicles are maintained to highest standards and vehicle modifications conform to highway traffic act, and the company's own safety expectations
- Responsible for Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Other production related duties
Compensation is negotiable based on experience, starting minimum salary
$31,000. Green Thumb offers an extended health & disability benefit
Candidates should forward a resume and covering letter stating salary expectations to:
Production Manager Application or by e-mail in Word, Wordperfect or pdf formats only to:
Green Thumb Theatre
More info at: www.greenthumb.bc.ca (who we are / employment)