Theatre In the Raw is pleased to announce
It’s fifth biennial 2007 Play Writing Contest
Entry Rules and Fee
The Play must be:
• An original one-act play (comedy, tragedy, drama or radio-play), unpublished and unproduced.
• No longer than 25 double-spaced typed pages equal to 30 minutes, with no more than 6 characters, presented in proper stage-play format, and scripts MUST have page numbers. (Please include a SASE for return of script. Send copies only of script. NO original manuscripts.)
• There is an entry fee of $25.00cdn for each one-act submitted to Theatre In the Raw. (For two plays $40.00cdn) (FEES ARE IN CANADIAN FUNDS, FOR U.S. & FOREIGN ENTRIES, CONVERT AT CURRENT EXCHANGE RATES)
• Please make cheques payable to Theatre In the Raw, bearing the submission date and name of play entry and author on cheque memo line.
(Note: Plays w/o the entry fee check or funds will be returned unread.)
• December 31, 2007
• Winners will be announced on March 31, 2008
The Winners Will Receive
First Prize: A $150.00cdn cash prize. At least one dramatic reading or staging of the play at a Theatre In the Raw cafe/venue or as part of a mini-tour program for the One-Act Play Series Nights.
Second Prize: A $ 75.00cdn cash prize.
Third Prize: A $50.00cdn cash prize.
Honorable Mentions: No cash prize, but constructive critique returned with note of appreciation.
Social Issue Plays Recognition: No cash prize, but constructive critique returned with note of appreciation.
*Theatre In the Raw must reserve the right to workshop and to play-edit scripts, in consultation with the playwright, before production or presentation.
Please forward submissions to:
Theatre In the Raw
Artistic Director/One Act Play Contest
office phone: 604-708-5448